Building a successful online business now requires the participation of online communities more than ever before.
You may develop a community to connect and engage your fans under your brand by using software designed specifically for communities.
You now have the ability to construct your own social network thanks to these community management programs (also known as a social community).
By connecting your audiences, customers, partners, and workers under your brand, you can develop connections that are genuine and trustworthy.
This will serve as a secure social platform where individuals can learn from one another and share their ideas in a manner that is collaborative.
The following is a list of my top choices for the greatest software for online communities that you may test out this year.
If you want to establish a community for your company, Thinkific is the finest platform to use. It provides users with access to a wide range of tools, such as a drag-and-drop editor, course administration, and payment processing.
It’s possible that this is the perfect platform for you to use if you want to take full ownership of the experience that your community has and have more control over the data.
When it comes to integrations, you are free to make use of the tried-and-true tools and services that you already have in order to construct and expand your community.
You are able to analyze the performance of your material using analytics, which allows you to identify what aspects are successful and which areas may use some tweaking.
- A drag-and-drop website builder helps construct professional sites rapidly.
- Ecommerce integrated so you may sell immediately
- Product flexibility enables you to provide several items and services.
- Marketing tools and social media integrations let you reach more customers.
- Website themes change your site’s look.
- Advanced adjustments enable you to manage your website’s look.
Thinkific is one of the most cost-effective community platforms available today. They provide a free version of their service, which enables users to test out the platform and determine whether or not it is a suitable match for them.
The following is an outline of their many price plans:
- Basic: $39 per month
- Pro: $79 per month
- Premier: $399 per month
Annual plans provide a 20% reduction over monthly plans.
Mighty Networks brings together artists’ communities, online courses, sales sites, and more under their brand across the web and native iOS and Android apps.
Create articles using a sophisticated CMS, embed photos, videos, and sound files, and publish questions and polls.
This platform improves community interaction and is user-friendly.
- Member-specific activity feeds
- Messages privately
- Community, public, private, or paid
- Zapier workflow integrations
- Custom domain fee
- Community: $33/month, points to a custom domain.
- $99/month for online course hosting. Zapier connection and premium analytics are included.
- Pro: Branded mobile apps, push alerts, and app store promotions. Contact Mighty Networks for pricing details.
Tribe is a fantastic platform that works well for both creator-driven communities and communities lead by brands.
The Tribe-driven online communities look and function fantastically across desktop and mobile web browsers.
You can even turn them into apps if you want (PWA).
You have complete control over how your community appears to members thanks to Tribe Platform’s customization options.
You can also turn components like the activity feed, groups, articles, and so on into widgets and easily embed them within both the product and your website.
The layout was conceived with well-known social media platforms in mind.
This means that you will need to establish your own version of Facebook, Quora, and LinkedIn.
This community tool offers an exceptionally high level of security and enables you to construct communities that are fully compliant with the GDPR.
The Social Login system, which supports Facebook, Slack, LinkedIn, Google, and Twitter, makes it easy for your members to sign up and become active participants in your community.
- Personalize material with a social media-style activity stream.
- Rich media and post types supported (e.g., direct video upload).
- Enables upvotes, comments, and replies.
- Form subcommunities and organize material using groups and themes.
- Colors, brand assets, and CSS may be changed.
- Social widgets for websites.
- Localize 25+ languages.
- Engage members with strong notification tools.
- Reputation scores, badges, and leaderboards are rich gamification systems.
- User-driven flagging, typical moderator tools (edit, remove, merge, etc.), and automation (e.g., keyword blacklisting)
Tribe has four plans:
- Free plan includes 100 members, content posting, groups, and themes.
- Plus: The $49/month Plus package includes 10,000 users, Zapier integration, and SEO.
- The $199/month Premium package gives 100,000 users, SSO, extra applications, and greater support.
- Enterprise may fully change the community look and deploy bespoke apps. This subscription includes SLAs for customer support, training, data residency, and sophisticated security features including audit logs.
In general, Tribe is a well-established platform that now counts companies such as IBM, ASUS, Pipedrive, Decathlon, and Convertkit among its roster of satisfied customers.
Discussions can take place on Discourse, which is an open-source forum platform. A version that is hosted in the cloud is also included.
- Infinite scrolling allows you to see all of the talks on one page.
- Mobile responsive link unfurling
- Additional member rights based on the trust score Single sign-on
- Plugins that enhance your discussion forum’s capabilities include the ability to reply by email.
- API that is really powerful
- 45 languages are available for translation.
- Personal messaging moderation system with the ability to flag material
- Dashboard for reporting
Although open-source is free, hosting and upkeep cost money.
Managed hosting includes 3 plans.
- $100/month gets you 100k page visits, unlimited members, 5 employees, and 20 GB storage.
- This plan costs $300/month. 500k monthly page visits, 100 GB storage, unlimited members, 15 staff users.
- Custom strategy for large businesses. 3M+ monthly page visits, 200 GB storage, and limitless members and employees.
Twitter, Samsung, Docker, and Patreon use Discourse.
In a manner analogous to that of Discourse, Vanilla Forums likewise offers both an open-source and a managed service option (paid plans).
- Brand guidelines with themes
- Moderation system (merge, edit, delete, demerit points, banning)
- Events Q&A (scheduling, sharing, discovery, and RSVP capability)
- SSO/social login
- Salesforce, Zendesk, and WordPress API and Webhook integration
Vanilla Forums’ price starts at $689/month.
- This package includes 250k monthly page visitors, 5 staff members, jsConnect SSO, private or public community access, and gamification.
- Corporate: 1M monthly page visitors, 10 staff employees, CRM connection, ideation, API access, sophisticated SSO, and more.
- Enterprise includes unique page views, custom staff users, better security, uptime SLA, and more.
- Enterprise Plus: For businesses that need more resources
We investigated a number of the most effective community solutions with regard to their user-friendliness, capacity for expansion, and feature set. Tell us the one you use and explain why you choose it.