Looking for the best and detailed GreenGeeks Review? In this post, we have shared the Greengeeks web hosting review with pros and cons.
One of the most crucial parts of running a successful small business website or blog is web hosting. GreenGeeks are here to help. Here’s a thorough GreenGeeks review to help you learn more about their fantastic hosting service. Plus, our GreenGeeks Coupons will be a great pick to get some savings.
About GreenGeeks Hosting
With their lightning-fast website performance, 24/7 U.S.-based support, and ecologically friendly platform, GreenGeeks has become a well-known brand in the WordPress hosting sector.
They provide automatic 1-click WordPress installation, managed updates, increased security, free CDN, free site migration, and over 5 different data centre locations. Customers adore GreenGeeks, which power over 600,000 websites.
Trey Gardner, an American entrepreneur, was worried in 2008 about how much energy the web hosting sector consumed each year. The web hosting industry was even anticipated to have the same carbon footprint as the aviation industry by 2020!
GreenGeeks is on a mission to become the world’s most environmentally friendly web host.
So far, GreekGeeks has hosted more than 500,000 websites. We figure they must be doing something right because they’ve been ranked in the INC 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America for four years in a row.
- Robust Features
GreenGeeks is different from most other web hosting companies because it lets you help make the world a cleaner, greener place. But on the other hand, when deciding whether or not to host a website with GreenGeeks, most people would look at things like reliability, customer service, pricing, and the range of hosting options.
- cPanel Control Panel
As is the case with most Linux-based web hosting companies, GreenGeeks’ main web hosting control panel is cPanel.
Both Fantastico and Softaculous are script installers that come with cPanel. With these tools, you can install popular CMSs and blogging platforms like WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal that are made by third parties.
- Use their free services to move your site: If you already have a website, remember that GreenGeeks will help you move it for free. This free site transfer is a great service for people who aren’t tech-savvy enough to switch web hosts on their own.
The best part is that the transfer is handled professionally by GreenGeeks, so you don’t have to worry about any major downtime.
- Extras and bonuses from GreenGeeks: There’s no doubt that GreenGeeks gets a lot of business from people who care about the environment. But this company also advertises its services with free features that can be just as appealing to small businesses as their green web hosting solutions.
- One year of free domain name: GreenGeeks doesn’t charge you anything to sign up for a new domain name or move an existing one from another registrar during the first year of your annual contract. After the first year, you’ll have to pay for your domain.
- Easy site migration: GreenGeeks promises that this service will move your website to their servers at no extra cost and with as little downtime as possible. So, the small business owner can focus on running the business instead of worrying about the technical details.
- Use the free Website Builder to make a new website: GreenGeeks has a free website builder that is easy to use but also very powerful. This is good news for people who are just starting out. You can choose from hundreds of templates that can be changed in any way you want. There are also responsive themes made for mobile devices and SEO tools that will make it easy for Google Search to find your site.
GreenGeeks Hosting Pricing Plans
GreenGeeks provides a variety of hosting options based on your specific requirements. That being said, we’ll look at GreenGeek’s pricing for shared and WordPress hosting plans (not VPS or dedicated hosting) so you know what to anticipate when you join up for their hosting service.
Shared Hosting Plans
The shared hosting scenario has shifted dramatically. Many consumers in the past just desired reliable web hosting at a low cost. You’ve got your small, medium, and large plans, you’ve installed cPanel on a server, and you’re done. Customers today expect seamless workflow, speed, uptime, and scalability in a visually appealing package.
GreenGeeks has adjusted the Eco site Starter hosting plan over time to provide all of the features that 99.9% of hosting clients desire. That is why they provide clients with a straight link from the website to sign up for it.
Rather than an expensive hosting plan with extra capabilities that the ordinary Joe on the street is unaware of, they’ve attempted to trim the fat and provide clients with a more streamlined hosting experience.
Their mission as a hosting company is to free their customers from having to worry about the underlying technology while they focus on creating, administering, and developing their websites.
Their scalable hosting option, which was introduced earlier this year, allows clients to simply expand computing resources like CPU, RAM, and I/O on a pay-as-you-go basis, avoiding the need to upgrade to a Virtual Private Server.
GreenGeeks plans include characteristics such as:
- MySQL databases are limitless.
- Subdomains and parked domains are not limited.
- cPanel dashboard is simple to use.
- Softaculous, which includes one-click installations of over 250 scripts.
- Resources that are scalable
- The opportunity to select the location of your data centre
- Caching solution PowerCacher
- Integration of a free CDN
- SSL certificates and shopping cart installation are examples of eCommerce capabilities.
- SSH and FTP accounts that are free and secure
- Perl and Python are supported.
- In addition, you’ll get a free domain name, free site migration, and access to the proprietary GreenGeeks drag-and-drop page builder for quick site building.
The monthly fee for the shared pricing plan is $2.95. (remember, only if you pay for three years in advance). Otherwise, you’ll have to pay $9.95 a month for this plan.
They also provide Ecosite Pro and Ecosite Premium upgrades for hosting clients who require higher performance servers with fewer customers per server, Redis, and greater CPU, memory, and resources.
GreenGeeks plans for WordPress Hosting
GreenGeeks also offers WordPress hosting, albeit it appears to be the same as the shared hosting plan with the exception of a few features.
Check out complete GreenGeeks hosting pricing here.
Conclusion: Is GreenGeeks Hosting a Good Hosting Provider? GreenGeeks Review
We admire that GreenGeeks has a wider mission than just offering web hosting.
They aren’t the finest we’ve seen, but they do offer reliable speed, uptime, and customer service.
For those reasons, you should have a look at them.
Just keep in mind that if you want the best deal, you’ll have to sign up for the long haul. And so if you decide to request a refund, your ‘free domain’ and’money-back guarantee’ may not be that solid.